Since the US Supreme Court revoked PASPA in 2018, individual states have been able to choose for themselves what to do about sports betting. The Const...
Massachusetts Online Sports Betting 2020Commercial Content | 21+ | T&Cs Apply All of us know that sports betting is still illegal in most of the states in the US. Massachusetts’ online sports betting is not any different. Ever since the developments in NJ online gambling, all the other states are considering tackling this issue. So, hopefully, the Massachusetts online gambling will soon be legal. Meantime, learn about the current laws, limitations, or expectations and read on.
- Massachusetts Online Sports Betting Rules and Regulation
- MA Online Sportsbooks
- Gambling Laws in Massachusetts
- The Future of Massachusetts Online Sports Betting
- Massachusetts Sports Betting Apps
- Online Betting Options
- The Future of MA Sports Betting
- MA Online Sports Betting History & Expectations?
- Massachusetts Online Sports Betting FAQ
- More about Sports Betting in the US
Massachusetts Online Sports Betting Rules and RegulationOnline gambling including Massachusetts online sports betting is only partially legal. Some advanced horse race wagering is legal, but all the institutions offering horse race betting have to own a license.
MA Online SportsbooksUnfortunately, sports betting is illegal in the state of Massachusetts. Hopefully, with a potential bill change, tons of operators such as Draftkings Massachusetts could be operating in MA soon. For now, there are no MA sports betting stores or online sites. Furthermore, there are two casinos with a license in MA: Plainridge Park Casino and MGM Casino in Springfield. The two casinos offer a great variety of casino games to their players. Everything from poker, blackjack, Texas Hold’ Em, bingo, craps, and roulette is available at MGM Springfield and Plainridge Park Casinos.
Gambling Laws in MassachusettsThe law of Massachusetts regulates various types of gambling. Even though there are still no available legal online casinos, you will be able to turn to other gambling types.
- Casinos – One of the legal types of gambling in MA is playing at land-based casinos. That includes different casino games such as slots, table games and gaming machines that will be available at resort casinos.
- Poker – Playing poker is considered legal in the state’s 3 resort casinos mentioned above.
- Horse Racing – Betting on horse races at state racetracks is considered legal.
- Fantasy Sports – This type of gambling is legal in MA.
- Lottery – the MA lottery is legal and it includes keno, draw games (even online) and scratchers.
- Charity Gambling – Playing games such as raffles, card games and bingo at charity events is regulated by the law of Massachusetts.
- Sweepstakes – this type of gambling is also legal in the state in question.