TVG Review 2019
After reading our TVG review, if you decide to register, be sure to use the double deposit bonus and free bet, a value up to $120. The offer is only valid if you are a new customer to TVG. Continue reading to see our review about TVG mobile app, live streaming, and more!
Previous TVG Welcome Bonus Requirements
Certain requirements must be met before you can activate the bonus:
- Only new customers are allowed to receive the bonus offer. All existing bettors cannot claim it.
- You must set up a TVG Account before you can claim any bonuses.
Step-by-Step Guide Registration
- Visit the TVG site and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button found on the top right-hand side of the main page, or the ‘JOIN NOW’ button that appears on the pop-up.
- You will be transported to a registration form. The first part of the form will require your personal details such as Full Name, Email Address, Date of Birth, and Mobile Number. You also need to create a unique password which will be used for future logins along with your Email address.
- The second section of the registration form asks you to provide your mailing address and the last 4 digits of your SSN number.
- Click on the ‘Complete Registration’ at the bottom of the form once finished to complete the process.
- You will now have your TVG betting account ready and you can make your first deposit. To do this, visit the cashier section and select a payment method that suits your needs. You may then type in the amount you would like to deposit.
- If you’re from NJ or PA, you can play at 4NJBets or PABets respectively.
The TVG site is built for easy navigation throughout. View all of the upcoming races in a box on the left-hand side of the homepage and the option to place bets is available at any time. To access a full race schedule, you can find the ‘Full Race Schedule’ button on the main menu bar and for old race results, click on the ‘ Past Results’ button. Special track information is available under the TVG Horse Racing drop-down menu bar. Get instant access to live video of the races by clicking on the ‘Live Video’ button or log on to any of the TVG TV channels to watch live horse racing.
Placing a Bet at TVG
Placing a bet at TVG is very easy as well. All you need to do is find the racing event you would like to bet on and click on the horse you want to back. A pop-up betting slip will appear on your screen which you should type your stake into. From there, you confirm your bet and your bet is placed instantly. There are a variety of ways to view the odds, like fractional or decimal, based on your preference.
Access TVG through your browser or right in the app. The browser-based client is optimized on mobile devices and provides the exact same features as the computer browser-based client. Plus, the mobile app features both the full list of races as well as the live streaming of the races. Likewise, the TVG app also has a race alert feature which sends notifications when a race you are interested in is about to start so you never miss out. The mobile app is ideal for users who enjoy watching and betting on horse races on the fly.
TVG Horse Racing Betting Options
TVG is partnered with over 150 race tracks and has thousands of horse races to choose from over the course of a week. All payouts for the races are set at true track odds which means you will get paid the same amount of money as someone that placed the bet in person at the track. Tracks range from some of the largest racetracks in the country to some of the smaller venues across the world covering all the major tracks in North America as well as tracks in Dubai, Australia, Great Britain, China, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, and South Africa. For a full list of races on any given day, click on the ‘Full Race Schedule’ Button found in the Horse Racing drop-down menu. Choose between a variety of bet types like Select to Win, place or show, as well as create Exacta, Trifecta, Superfecta or Daily Double.
- Select to win – is the most popular type of bet, simply bet on the winning horse. The payoffs on a straight Select to win bet are relatively higher than Place or Show bets.
- Show – For show bets at TVG, your horse must be within the top 3 places in the race. As the odds of your horse making the top 3 are much higher than winning the race, the odds will be lower than a Select to Win bet.
- Place – Place bets require your pick to come in either 1st or 2nd for your bet to win. As you’d expect, the odds are higher than a Show bet, however, less than a Select to Win bet.
- Exacta – one of the tougher bets to win, Exacta bets require that you pick the first and second-place finishers in the order that they finish. This means that if you pick the two winning horses in the wrong order, your bet still loses. The odds on Exacta bets are very high.
- Trifecta – Trifecta takes your odds and difficulty of winning a step further by asking you to pick the top three finishers of a race in the correct order. The odds on Trifecta bets are extremely high, however, the likelihood of winning a Trifecta bet is not very good.
- Superfecta – the Superfecta bet gives you the chance to bet on the top four horses of a race, however, the picks do not have to be in order. The odds of this bet vary based on the horse race but are generally on the higher side due to the large number of selections you must make.
- Quinella – to win a Quinella bet, your horses must finish 1st and 2nd in either order. The normal way of playing a Quinella bet is to box three horses. The odds on a quinella bet are generally in the mid-range.
- Daily Double – the Daily Double requires that your picks win two consecutive races. This betting option is not available for every race but gives very good odds when it is.
Other special bets may be available for select races so make sure you keep an eye on unique bets for each race.
TVG provides users with a number of handicapping tools which can be used to make winning bets. TVG operates on commissions from bets and not by taking money from losing bettors, so they’re committed to providing accurate race information and a wealth of resources. For free handicapping tips, you can visit the TVG blog or read the members-only newsletter. There are also pro-picks where professional handicappers give their expert opinions on select races.
The handicapping store is a relatively new addition to the TVG site and it presents the option of buying picks and useful information from the TVG site. The prices at the handicapping store are based on the type of information you are purchasing and which package you choose. For example, the “Daily Racing Form: Pro Picks” goes for about $4 a card. This handicapping information can be very useful if you’re making larger bets where the price of the handicapping store purchase will be covered easily by a win. At least make sure that you check out all the available free information before placing your wagers.
TVG Live Stream
When you register for an account at TVG, you also get access to ten hours of live streaming every month. if you go through these ten hours, you can to purchase another ten hours for $3. You also get an extra hour of live streaming for $25 that you bet. The live stream is on both the mobile app and through the website, ensuring you can watch horse races no matter where you are. As with any live streaming service, you’re a few moments behind the actual live event but they delay is negligible and it still makes sense to use this service. Since you get an extra hour every $25 used, any avid bettor gets the live stream pretty much for free as it keeps extending the more you bet.
The live streams come from one of TVG’s two TV channels, one of the channels is in HD. To access the live stream simply click on the WATCH TVG button found on the main menu bar of every page or click on a specific race link.
TVG Other and Past Promotions
One of the major selling points of the TVG Horse Racing brand is the constant promotion they provide their bettors. Most promotions give out bonus money or create a free betting prize pool. In some instances, you may also get cashback on select races. The following are the most popular promotions besides the welcome bonus:
TVG’s Super 8 Promo gives you the chance to win from a huge prize pool if they can correctly predict 8 races. The free to play promotion is available every Saturday and requires that you select a winner from 8 different races. If you can choose all 8 races correctly, you can win the $100k jackpot but if you get 5 or more correct picks, you will enter a draw. Here you can win free money from the prize pool.
With the Money Back Special promotion, any bettor at TVG gets cashback if their horse gets 2nd or 3rd on select races each week from all of the top tracks. You can check which races are part of the promotion by visiting the promotions section of the TVG website. Basically, if your first win wager on a race ends up finishing either 2nd or 3rd, TVG will refund you up to $10 per race. To take part in this promo you must opt-in.
TVG Payment Methods
A variety of secure payment methods are available to all TVG users to get money on and off the site. Deposit methods virtually are instant, with funds going into your account immediately. Withdrawal methods, on the other hand, can take between 3-10 days based on the method used. You also have the opportunity to fund your account in-person at TVG deposit centers. Good news if you live near one:
- Keeneland (Lexington, KY)
- Suffolk Downs (Easton Boston, MA)
- Hollywood Park (Inglewood, CA)
- Fairplex Park (Pomona, CA)
- Los Alamitos (Los Alamitos, CA)
- Turfway Park (Florence, KY)
- Fairmount Park (Collinsville, IL)
- Emerald Downs (Seattle, WA)
- Cash at Deposit Centre
- Green Dot MoneyPak
- Credit / Debit Card
- Check or Money Order
- Banking Online Bill Pay
- Wire Transfer
TVG Customer Support
The customer support at TVG is among the best in online horse race betting. Customer support representatives can be contacted via a toll-free hotline at 1-888-752-9884. You can also contact the customer support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Replies to emails range between 1-2 days. Alternatively, use the tutorial videos at TVG to solve any common issues you might encounter. The videos are informative, with step by step instructions on common problems ranging from how to make withdrawals or how to make exotic box wagers.
TVG Review Conclusion
TVG is one of America’s leaders in the horse race betting market. The site offers over 150 tracks and provides live streaming for every one of its races. You can find a range of free handicapping tips and a handicapping store that sells top information, giving you ample opportunity to make smart bets. On top of all the useful resources, the site has a wide range of promotional bonuses which get extra cash, insurances, big cash prize pools, among other things. Payments to TVG can be made to deposit centers found all across the US or through a variety of online methods.