PA Online Sports Betting 2021Commercial Content | 21+ | T&Cs Apply
Pennsylvania sports betting first launched near the end of 2018, and that next year would see the start of Pennsylvania online sports betting.
Few states have seen as much growth as the state of PA, and that trend is expected to continue in the coming years.
- 3 x $10 free bets, $600 Risk Free BetNew player bonus available as soon as you sign up. Free bet stake is not included in any potential winnings. First cash bet counts as a risk-free bet; if this bet loses, you will be refunded (up to $250) within 3 days. Minimum stake is $10 and only one bet on bet slip to be eligible. You must be over 21 to bet and play on Unibet. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800 GAMBLER. Full T&Cs
- Up to $250 Betting BonusYou are welcome to register from any state in the U.S., but must be 21+ years old and physically located in PA to wager. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. The gaming service is brought to you by Rush Street Interactive PA. LLC ( license# 110298), licensed by PGCB, address of record 1001 N. Delaware Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19125 on behalf of SugarHouse HSP Gaming, LP d/b/a Rivers Casino Philadelphia (Internet Gaming Certificate 1356) and Holdings Acquisition Co., LP d/b/a Rivers Casino Pittsburgh(license# F-1361). Full T&Cs
- Risk-free bet up to $1000The Promotion is only open to individuals who are at least 21 years of age and physically present in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Colorado, West Virginia, Tennessee or Iowa during the Promotion Period. To claim, new users need to register, make a first deposit, and then simply place their first real-money wager on FanDuel Sportsbook up to $1000! If a user loses their first wager, Fanduel will refund their loses in the form of a free-bet up to $1000! Full T&Cs
- Risk-Free 1st Bet up to $500Place your first real money bet and if it loses, FoxBet will match it as a free bet up to $500. Minimum odds of -200 apply. 21+, T&Cs Apply. NJ & PA only. "If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available." Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Full T&Cs
- SIGN UP BONUS UP TO $1,000* AWARDED AS RISK-FREE BET + DEPOSIT BONUS!The websites listed below need to be updated to include the terms for the $1,000 Deposit Bonus (not the $1,000 Sign Up Bonus), inclusive of TN. Up to date terms: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or call or text the TN REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL/TN only. Min. $5 deposit required. Deposit bonus requires 25x play-thru. Deposit bonus issued as site credits. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details. Full T&Cs
- Get $100 When You Bet $20NJ & PA players, 21+.The Borgata Welcome Offer gives you the possibility to claim free bets. You must deposit a minimum of $20 into your account and place, as your first real money bet after opening your account, a wager of at least $20 on any sport. This Sports Promotion is only eligible on your very first wager on Borgata Sports. Minimum odds for each Qualifying Bet are -200 odds or greater (-200, -150, +150, +200, etc.). Full T&Cs apply 21+. Full T&Cs
- Bet on the Daytona 500 race.
- See some tips for Indy 500 betting.
- Wager with a Borgata bonus code (or play casino at the same place).
Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are both home to a number of professional sports teams, and those two cities drive sports betting in the state. Online sports betting is available state-wide, and that allows both residents and visitors to get in on the action.
Total sports betting handle in Pennsylvania during October 2020 was over $525 million, which is the record for the state. In 2021 and beyond, that record is expected to be shattered, especially as more online sportsbooks enter the market.
Pennsylvania is now one of the three biggest sports betting markets in the United States, and it is closing in on being in the second spot. The PA online sports betting industry has provided plenty of additional revenue for the state, and other markets have looked to this state as a model.
PA sports betting is only just a few years old, but it has already become an important part of the culture and fabric in the state.
Pennsylvania online sports betting brings in the most betting action each month, but the retail betting scene is still strong throughout the state. Pennsylvania sports betting can be done both in-person or online, and it is easy to create a sports betting account for either platform.
Retail sports betting launched near the end of 2018, and the state has been able to attract some popular sportsbooks. All of the casinos in the state are eligible to apply for a sports betting license, and there are more than ten retail sports betting locations in Pennsylvania.
A few of the most popular retail sports betting locations include:
- Rivers Casino
- Hollywood Casino
- Harrah’s Philadelphia
PA online sports betting can be offered by the casinos in the state, but most of these properties have partnered with other sports betting operators. One of the biggest reasons that PA has seen so much growth in sports betting is due to the quality of sports betting operators.
Signing up for a sports betting account can be done online, and that is another factor that has helped drive the industry. Bettors don’t ever have to step foot inside of a retail sportsbook unless they are looking for that kind of action.
Sportsbooks require some basic personal information when creating a sports betting account, such as your legal name, physical address, and the last four digits of your social security number. After your identity is verified, then you will be allowed to create a username and password to use at the site.
PA Sports Betting Rules
PA sports betting features a large number of betting markets, with both US and international competitions featured. Horse racing is also extremely popular in Pennsylvania, and both retail and online sportsbooks will feature these horse racing events.
Sportsbooks are allowed to choose and feature any betting markets that are allowed by state rules and regulations. Even though sportsbooks are able to choose their own sports betting markets, there is plenty of similarities in teh market.
Here are some of the most popular sports betting markets in PA:
- Australian Rules Football
- Horse Racing
- Motor Sports
You can also bet on collegiate sporting events in Pennsylvania, which provides another huge boost to sportsbooks, and is a huge bonus for sports bettors. It’s hard to find a sport that is not available to bet on in PA.
The two major restrictions are one esports and events such as the NFL Draft. Sportsbooks are not allowed to offer any betting options for either of those two categories.
- Sign up at an online sportsbook using a WynnBet bonus code.
- Try horse wagering instead and read this Twinspires review.
PA Sports Betting Regulations
Pennsylvania sports betting legislation actually dates back to 2017, months before the federal ban on sports betting was lifted. This allowed PA to launch sports betting quickly when it was up to each state to create their own rules and regulations.
In 2017, the state was facing a massive budget deficit, and lawmakers went to work on passing an expanded gambling package. Sports betting was included as a part of that deal, even though it was still technically illegal at that time.
Bill H 271 was the piece of legislation that was ultimately signed to expand gaming options in the state and make sports betting legal. Governor Tom Wolf signed that bill into law in October 30, and sports betting was legal, but there was still no place to bet.
When the federal ban was lifted in 2018, it didn’t take Pennsylvania long to launch the industry and approve sportsbooks. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board oversees and regulates sports betting in PA.
Any business that holds a slot machine license is eligible to apply for a sports betting license to offer retail sports betting. Pennsylvania does have some high licensing fees and tax rates, but it has not stopped operators from applying for a license.
There is a $5 million licensing fee to offer sports betting, and all revenue is taxed at a rate of 18 percent.
The legal gambling age to bet on sports in Pennsylvania is 21 years of age.
Read about sports betting in more states
- Check and see if a Betfred sports bonus code is available in your state.
Pennsylvania sports betting has shown plenty of growth since first launching in 2018, and it doesn’t appear to be slowing down anytime soon. PA is now one of the biggest sports betting markets in the US, and online betting has helped drive the industry.
There are a number of professional sports teams in the state, but bettors can also bet on the top international sporting events. Sportsbooks have plenty of freedom in terms of available betting markets, and the operators take full advantage.
Signing up for online sports betting account is a simple process that can be done entirely online. There is no requirement to ever visit a retail sportsbook or casino, and that has allowed the state to attract bettors from around the country.
Now that Pennsylvania has already gone over the $525 million in betting handle for a month, the next logical step will be trying to break the $600 million mark. That’s a lofty goal, but one that should be attainable at some point in 2021.
PA is one of the first states that you should think of when discussing the sports betting market in the US.