NJ Online Sports Betting 2021Commercial Content | 21+ | T&Cs Apply
New Jersey is now the new sports betting capital of the United States as the New Jersey sports betting numbers continue to set new records in terms of handle and revenue.
New Jersey is largely responsible for the growth of the entire US sports betting industry, and it was one of the first to launch. See what you can access from NJ below:
- Get 2 Risk Free Bets up to $2,000New customers only. 21+. Get up to a $500 Refund (in Free Bets) if your 1st Fixed Odds Bet loses. Get up to a $1,500 Refund (in Free Bets) if your 1st PointsBetting Bet loses. Eligible clients are entitled to a maximum two (2) refunds. Full T&C Apply. Full T&Cs
- Up to $500 Risk-Free BetNew Patrons of WynnBET who place their First Deposit of not less than $20 in cash and place an eligible Sports Wager within ten (10) days after making the qualifying deposit during the Promotional Period are eligible to receive a Risk Free* First Sports Bet up to a maximum of $500 as a free bet (the “Risk Free* First Sports Bet”). Full T&Cs apply, 21+. Full T&Cs
- 3 x $10 free bets, $600 Risk Free BetNew player bonus available as soon as you sign up. Free bet stake is not included in any potential winnings. First cash bet counts as a risk-free bet; if this bet loses, you will be refunded (up to $250) within 3 days. Minimum stake is $10 and only one bet on bet slip to be eligible. You must be over 21 to bet and play on Unibet. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800 GAMBLER. Full T&Cs
- Risk-free bet up to $1000The Promotion is only open to individuals who are at least 21 years of age and physically present in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Colorado, West Virginia, Tennessee or Iowa during the Promotion Period. To claim, new users need to register, make a first deposit, and then simply place their first real-money wager on FanDuel Sportsbook up to $1000! If a user loses their first wager, Fanduel will refund their loses in the form of a free-bet up to $1000! Full T&Cs
- Risk-Free 1st Bet up to $500Place your first real money bet and if it loses, FoxBet will match it as a free bet up to $500. Minimum odds of -200 apply. 21+, T&Cs Apply. NJ & PA only. "If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available." Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Full T&Cs
- SIGN UP BONUS UP TO $1,000* AWARDED AS RISK-FREE BET + DEPOSIT BONUS!The websites listed below need to be updated to include the terms for the $1,000 Deposit Bonus (not the $1,000 Sign Up Bonus), inclusive of TN. Up to date terms: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or call or text the TN REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL/TN only. Min. $5 deposit required. Deposit bonus requires 25x play-thru. Deposit bonus issued as site credits. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details. Full T&Cs
- Up to $500 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365Make a qualifying deposit (min $10), place bets to deposit value, once they are settled, matched amount in Bet Credits available to use. Bet Credits risk excluded from returns. T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs
- Get $100 When You Bet $20NJ & PA players, 21+.The Borgata Welcome Offer gives you the possibility to claim free bets. You must deposit a minimum of $20 into your account and place, as your first real money bet after opening your account, a wager of at least $20 on any sport. This Sports Promotion is only eligible on your very first wager on Borgata Sports. Minimum odds for each Qualifying Bet are -200 odds or greater (-200, -150, +150, +200, etc.). Full T&Cs apply 21+. Full T&Cs
- 100% match up to $250To be eligible, you must be at least 21 years old, playing within the state of New Jersey. New Account holders will be able to use bonus code, MAXSPORT, on their first deposit The offer is to deposit and receive 100% up to $250 in bonus money with a 1X wagering requirement. Use bonus code MAXSPORT when making your first deposit. Minimum deposit $10. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Full T&Cs
- First Bet Matched Up To $250New Customers in NJ! Promotion runs beginning 8/13/19. This offer is valid only for your first cash sports bet only. Amount of Free Bet awarded is equal to 100% of your first cash sports bet amount up to $250. Wagering requirements on this Free Bet are 1x. 21+. Full T&C Apply. Full T&Cs
- Easily convert odds with this tool.
- Open a betting account with a BetMGM bonus code.
- Use an Ocean Casino promo code to play casino games for real money.
The New Jersey sports betting scene is boosted by a large population in a great location, but also by some of the great rules and regulations that are featured. Retail sports betting is available, but it has been the New Jersey online sports betting that has brought in the biggest numbers.
This state challenged the federal ban on sports betting, and it was able to win a decision from the US Supreme Court in 2018. Since that time, other states have tried to emulate the success of NJ sports betting, but none have been able to keep up.
New Jersey will likely become the first state to go over the $1 billion mark in sports betting handle, and that could happen as early as 2021. The current record is set at $934 million, and the rate of growth is also shattering previous records.
The NJ sports betting industry has evolved over time, but most of the initial rules and regulations remain in place. Nevada used to be the sports betting capital in the US, but that title now belongs to the Garden State.
New Jersey Sportsbooks
One of the biggest reasons that New Jersey has climbed to the top in the sports betting industry is due to their registration laws. Bettors can register for a sports betting account online, and they don’t even have to step foot in a retail casino or sportsbook.
This is not only beneficial to residents looking to get in on NJ online sports betting, but it is also a huge bonus for bettors from other states. Bettors in New Jersey also have a number of terrific sportsbooks to choose from, both retail and online.
DraftKings Sportsbook and SugarHouse Sportsbook were the first to go live in August 2018, but they were followed by other big names in the sports betting industry as well. There are still some NJ online sports betting skins available, and that means that more options will soon be available.
All of the casinos in New Jersey are located in Atlantic City, and that is where most of the retail sports betting takes place. Racetracks in New Jersey can also offer sports betting, but Atlantic City is where most of the bettors go to get in on the action.
Again, signing up for a NJ sports betting account is a simple process that can be completed in a matter of minutes. This entire process can also be done from your cellphone or another mobile device as long as locations services are enabled.
The amount of sportsbooks in the state of New Jersey is a big reason for the huge numbers in 2020, but the online registration also plays a large role. Residents of the state, and visitors of New Jersey have taken advantage of the registration requirements and have hit up the sportsbooks in record numbers.
Learn about online sports betting in other states
- See if you can get a Barstool Sportsbook bonus code if your home state.
NJ Sports Betting Rules
New Jersey sportsbooks are also given plenty of freedom when it comes to what sports or leagues they are able to offer as betting markets. This is important as it has attracted sports bettors of many different forms.
All of the top American sports will of course be offered by sportsbooks in New Jersey, but you can also find international sporting events as well. New Jersey is home to some of the biggest international sportsbooks in the world, and they of course, specialize in leagues from around the globe.
Another thing that new Jersey allows is betting on collegiate sporting events, except there is one limiattion to that. All collegiate sporting events featuring in-state teams or events taking place in New Jersey is off-limits.
This regulation would seem to affect NJ sports betting in a negative way, but bettors have hardly noticed with so many other available betting markets. There are some popular college teams in the state, but professional sporting events continues to bring in the most money.
Recently, esports was added as an available betting market in New Jersey, as that form of sporting event gains popularity. Sportsbooks were looking to add esports, and they were able to win their appeal to add it to their site.
The NJ sports betting scene continues to grow, and new markets are expected to be added in the coming months and years.
NJ Sports Betting Regulations
New Jersey first started to explore sports betting in 2009, with Governor Chris Christie leading the charge. There was a federal ban on sports betting at the time, but in 2012 New Jersey lawmakers pushed forward and passed a sports betting bill.
Immediately, the NCAA, NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB filed an injunction against this bill, and it led to a long court battle. Eventually, Phil Murphy replaced Christie as governor of the state, and he was thrown into the lawsuit.
The court case made its way to the United States Supreme Court in 2018, and a landmark decision was made. The US Supreme Court voted to strike down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, lifting the federal ban.
On June 11, 2018, Governor Murphy signed an updated sports betting bill, A4111, into law. New Jersey became the second state to legalize sports betting that year.
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement was put in charge of regulating and overseeing the NJ sports betting industry, and they wasted little time in approving operators.
Casinos in the state are required to pay an 8% tax on all retail revenue, and a 13% tax on online revenue. Racetracks will be required to pay an additional tax if they wish to offer sports betting.
The legal age to bet on sports in New Jersey is 21 years of age.
The NJ sports betting industry is now the “gold standard” in the United States, and it will likely stay that way for the foreseeable future. New Jersey continues to put up record-setting numbers in both handle and revenue, and new operators continue to flock to the state.
The New Jersey online sports betting portion of the industry has attracted the most betting action, and some of the best customers are coming from other states. There is a chance that New York could legalize online betting in 2021, and that could have an impact on the NJ sports betting market.
Some of the biggest and best names in the industry have launched a mobile app in New Jersey, and that includes top international companies. There are several more online skins available, and applications continue to be submitted to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Now that New Jersey has posted a sports betting handle of over $930 million for a single month, the next major goal is going over the $1 billion mark. If NJ continues on the same trend that it was on in 2020, look for that number to be achieved in 2021.
When you start to discuss sports betting in the United States, New Jersey should be the first state that is mentioned.