Saints BettingCommercial Content | 21+ | T&Cs Apply
If you’re looking for Saints betting this NFL season, you’re at the right place. The Saints are expected to try and improve on their 13-3 record this season and take another NFC South title. For a full schedule of upcoming matchups, a list of betting opportunities, and the history of the franchise keep reading.
There are currently no new picks. Check again later.
Saints Betting Picks of the Week
The Saints have been one of the most consistent teams over the past decade, reaching the playoffs 7 of the last 12 years. After a heartbreaking loss in last year’s NFC Championship game, the team will be hungry to push further and reach the Super Bowl. Expect New Orleans to be among the top teams in the NFC South and qualify for the playoffs.
A number of New Orleans Saints betting options will be available throughout the NFL season. Check out the most popular wager types below.
- Money Lines – simple wagers on which team will win a football game.
- Point Spreads – point spreads even out football matchups by awarding the underdog a select number of points. Betting on the favorite, on the other hand, will require the team wins by a select number of points. Example: Giants vs Rams +7/-7
- Over/Under – Over-under wagers provide the opportunity to bet on the total points of a game. A number will be set by the bookmaker, you can either bet on the total points going over the number or under. Over/under bets are generally close to even money odds.
- Prop bets – Prop bets allow you to wager on occurrences in games that don’t directly affect the outcome. For example, how the number of touchdowns Drew Brees will pass.
- Outrights – Outright wagers refer to bets made on the overall winners. You can bet on who will win the Super Bowl at the end of the year or who will take the Conference Championships.
The team will begin their regular season facing off against the Texans before traveling to LA to play the Rams. Get the full schedule below.
|1||Sept 13||3:25 p.m.||Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|2||Sept 21||7:15 p.m.||at Las Vegas Raiders|
|3||Sept 27||7:20 p.m.||Green Bay Packers|
|4||Oct 4||12:00 p.m.||at Detroit Lions|
|5||Oct 12||7:15 p.m.||Los Angeles Chargers|
|7||Oct 25||12:00 p.m.||Carolina Panthers|
|8||Nov 1||3:25 p.m.||at Chicago Bears|
|9||Nov 8||7:20 p.m.||at Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|10||Nov 15||3:25 p.m.||San Francisco 49ers|
|11||Nov 22||12:00 p.m.||Atlanta Falcons|
|12||Nov 29||3:05 p.m.||at Denver Broncos|
|13||Dec 6||12:00 p.m.||at Atlanta Falcons|
|14||Dec 13||3:25 p.m.||at Philadelphia Eagles|
|15||Dec 20||3:25 p.m.||Kansas City Chiefs|
|16||Dec 25||3:30 p.m.||Minnesota Vikings|
|17||Jan 3||12:00 p.m.||at Carolina Panthers|
*Starting at Week 9, kickoff time is displayed in CST.
Saints Team History
The Saints were considered one of the weaker teams in the league for their first 20 years, making the playoffs only once. It wasn’t until 2000 that the team was able to win their first playoff game behind star quarterback Drew Brees. Since then, the team has been able to consistently make the playoffs and even won the Super Bowl in 2009.
The team plays in the Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana, and is headquartered in Metairie. The Saints are part of the NFC South Division along with the Atlanta Falcons, the Carolina Panthers, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Use a SportsBetting.com bonus code when registering.
- Read our TwinSpires review if you want a good racebook.
The team was established by John W. Mecom Jr. and David Dixon in the city of New Orleans on November 1, 1966. The team originally played in Tulane Stadium before moving to the Superdome in 1974.
For a long time, the Saints were at the bottom of the league, only managing to get above .500 two times in their first 20 seasons. As of late, the team has turned it around having multiple deep runs in the playoffs. Below are their most notable seasons.
- 2006 – Winning the divisional playoffs before losing to the Bears in the NFC Championship game.
- 2009 – Winning the Super Bowl by beating the Colts.
- 2018 – Losing to the LA Rams in a very controversial NFC Championship game.
Most Famous Players
A number of famous players and coaches have played for the team over the course of its history. Some of the top players/coaches include:
- Drew Brees – Super Bowl MVP
- Archie Manning – Hall Of Famer
- Joe Mora – Hall Of Famer
- John Hill – Hall Of Famer
- Joe Finks – Hall Of Famer