Eagles BettingCommercial Content | 21+ | T&Cs Apply
Looking for Philadelphia Eagles betting tips and predictions for the upcoming 2019/2020 season? Then you’ve come to the right place. The following Eagles Betting Guide will provide you with all the information required to make winning bets this season. Details include a full schedule of matchups, a list of betting markets, and the history of the franchise.
There are currently no new picks. Check again later.
Eagles Betting Picks of the Week
The Eagles come off a 9-7 record last season, barely making it into the final Wild Card spot in the NFC. The team underwent a number of changes in the offseason but was able to hang on to Darren Sproles and Nigel Bradham. If the team stays healthy in the QB position, expect another deep run into the playoffs.
A number of Philadelphia Eagles betting markets are available each NFL season. Betting types include:
- Moneylines – Moneylines are straight bets on which team will win out of a specific matchup.
- Point Spreads – Spreads attempt to even out matchups by giving the underdogs a certain number of points. Betting against the spread refers to wagering on the underdog to lose by less than the points awarded. While covering the spread refers to bets made on favorites to win by the awarded points.
- Prop Bets – Proposition wagers are made on occurrences that do not directly affect the final outcome of the games. For example, you might be able to wager on the number of yards a Running Back runs for.
- Over/Under – Over-under bets allow you to predict the total points of a football game. The bookmaker first sets a number for the total points. You will then have the chance to bet on whether the actual total will be over or under the given number.
- Outrights – Outright wagers refer to bets made on the overall winner of the Super Bowl or Conference Titles. Even now, prior to the start of the season, outrights are available at most online bookmakers.
Take a look at our Super Bowl betting tips!
The team kicks off its season against the Redskins on the 8th of September before heading out to Atlanta for Week 2.
|1||Sept 13||1:00 p.m.||at Washington Redskins|
|2||Sept 20||1:00 p.m.||Los Angeles Rams|
|3||Sept 27||1:00 p.m.||Cincinnati Bengals|
|4||Oct 4||8:20 p.m.||at San Francisco 49ers|
|5||Oct 11||1:00 p.m.||at Pittsburgh Steelers|
|6||Oct 18||1:00 p.m.||Baltimore Ravens|
|7||Oct 22||8:20 p.m.||New York Giants|
|8||Nov 1||8:20 p.m.||Dallas Cowboys|
|10||Nov 15||1:00 p.m.||at New York Giants|
|11||Nov 22||1:00 p.m.||at Cleveland Browns|
|12||Nov 30||8:15 p.m.||Seattle Seahawks|
|13||Dec 6||4:25 p.m.||at Green Bay Packers|
|14||Dec 13||4:25 p.m.||New Orleans Saints|
|15||Dec 20||4:05 p.m.||at Arizona Cardinals|
|16||Dec 27||4:25 p.m.||at Dallas Cowboys|
|17||Jan 3||1:00 p.m.||Washington Redskins|
*Starting at Week 9, kickoff time is displayed in EST.
History of the Eagles
The Eagles have been in the NFC East since 1970 along with the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins. Considered one of the most consistent teams in the league, the Eagles have made the playoffs 26 times, 12 times since 2000.
The team plays at the Lincoln Financial Field and is headquartered in the NovaCare Complex in Philadelphia. Attendance records rank amongst the highest in the NFL, selling out every single game since 1999.
- Find more about a SportsBetting.com bonus code.
- Register for horse betting with TwinSpires.
- Try reading some information about how to bet on soccer with our short guide.
The team was created in 1933 as a replacement for the bankrupt Frankford Yellow Jackets. The rights to an NFL franchise in Philadelphia were secured by a group led by Bert Bell.
As with most teams entering a new league, the Eagles weren’t very competitive for their first decade. It wasn’t until the late 40’s that the team made a championship game, winning in both 1948 and 1949. The team was led by legendary halfback Steve Van Buren.
The team won their only Super Bowl LII in 2017, beating the New England Patriots 41-33. Nick Foles took down the Super Bowl MVP for his exceptional performance in the quarterback position.
Most Famous Players
The Eagles franchise has produced many Hall of Fame players and coaches over the years, many of which are considered the greatest to ever play. Some of the most notable names include:
- Steve Van Buren – Hall Of Fame Halfback
- Pete Pihos – Hall Of Fame Defensive End
- Tommy McDonald – Hall Of Fame Wide Receiver
- Reggie White – Hall Of Fame Defensive End
- Brian Dawkins – Hall Of Fame Safety