New Jersey Online Gambling 2019Commercial Content | 21+ | T&Cs Apply
Without a doubt, in the past couple of years, NJ online gambling has really taken off. And because of New Jersey’s great legal online gambling landscape, many companies are moving in to open online casinos and sportsbooks in the state. All betting and gambling activities are completely regulated by the NJ gambling commission.
Casinos in Atlantic City are a destination for casino fans from all over the world. Online casino games and poker are also available, but players must be physically located within the State’s borders. New Jersey launched sports betting in 2018 and quickly became one of the most robust markets in the U.S. Legal sportsbooks exist at racetracks, casinos and online via mobile apps throughout the state.
New Jersey Gambling Laws
In this section, we are going to cover the most important regulations you should – and need – to know about. Questions regarding NJ online sports betting legality, what the NJ gambling age is, or whether online casinos are playable are answered here:
- Casino gambling is completely legal, as long as the online casino is owned by a land-based casino. Or, the online casino partners with a land-based casino to go live.
- Online poker is also completely regulated and legal.
- Bingos games are legal in New Jersey.
- Sports betting is completely regulated (and thriving!) in NJ. New Jersey is one of the first states to legalize online sports betting.
- The lottery has been legal since 1970.
- Minimum 21 years old to play with real money.
- Must be located in New Jersey while playing.
- Note: You don’t have to be a resident of NJ to play.
- You can fund your account from any state in the US, but, again can only play from NJ.
And it’s pretty clear that the most popular NJ sportsbook is FanDuel. Bet with them today, or check out the full list of available online sportsbooks in NJ below.