PointsBet is a leader in the online sports betting world, so PointsBet horse racing has been highly anticipated. However, the online horse race betting site from PointsBet has not yet been launched in the United States.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t dig into what it will look like when it does launch!
Keep reading to learn everything we know about the U.S. PointsBet horse racing site, including a possible PointsBet promo code.
PointsBet Horse Betting Site Review
The PointsBet horse racing online betting site is already up and running in Australia. This means we can look at that site to see what the U.S. version will most likely look like.
For instance, we can tell that the horse racing section will look a lot like the already launched online sports betting section of the PointsBet site.
It is fairly easy to navigate the PointsBet online betting site and to build a bet on the betslip. Users should be able to find the event they are interested in wagering on, choose the type of bet they want to place, the amount they want to stake, and finally add that bet to the betslip.
|Online Horse Betting Site||PointsBet|
|Launch Date||To be announced|
Horse Racing Futures
Futures are a very easy concept to understand. Basically, futures refers to an event that will take place in the future. A future bet is a bet on an event that will be taking place in the future, not on the same day the bet is being placed.
With the PointsBet horse racing site, you can bet on futures for not only horse races, but also greyhound racing too. These events vary from being a few days from now to a few weeks. The choices are: Thoroughbred Futures, Harness Futures, and Greyhound Futures for interested bettors.
Horse Racing Specials
Horse racing specials are also quite easy to understand. Simply put, special bets are bets that are different kinds of bets that are not always available, they are, well, special. A bookmaker may offer special bets to help bring in new customers or to make things interesting for existing ones.
The PointsBet Horse Race betting site has a whole section where it displays its special bets. These bets tend to be different for different events. So, it is a good idea to check this section frequently to see which special bets are available.
PointsBet Racing Avaliablity
At this time, it is not yet known when PointsBet Racing will launch in the United States. However, it is known that the company is hoping to move into the market as soon as it can.
There are many states that have legal horse race betting. But, because PointsBet has recently acquired the Premier Turf Club LLC, (an Advance Deposit Wagering company), that gives us a clue as to at least one state the operator hopes to open up in. This is because Premier Turf Club is licensed by the Oregon Racing Commission.
Biggest Horse Races
Once PointsBet horse race betting opens in the U.S., you can bet that the operator will want to have certain special offers. Typically, most online horse race betting operators will have special promotional offers, like odds boosters and bets centered around the biggest horse races of the year. These horse races should include:
- The Kentucky Derby: The Kentucky Derby is a major American horse race that is held each year. It is located in Louisville, Kentucky, in the United States. The Derby typically takes place on the first Saturday in May. It is one of the three races that make up the Triple Crown.
- Preakness Stakes: The Preakness Stakes is another major horse race held annually. This American thoroughbred horse race typically takes place on the third Saturday in May. It is held at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland. It is one of the three races that make up the Triple Crown.
- Belmont Stakes: The Belmont Stakes is another major American horse race. It is held at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York. The race has been called both The Test of the Champion as well as The Run for the Carnations. It is traditionally the third and final leg of the Triple Crown. Typically, it is held on the first or second Saturday in June. It is usually held three weeks after the Preakness Stakes and five weeks after the Kentucky Derby.
- Triple Crown: Another major American horse racing mainstay is the Triple Crown. It is formally known as the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing. It is a series of horse races comprised of the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.
- Dubai Cup: The Dubai World Cup is a an annual horse race that was founded in 1996. It is a Thoroughbred horse race. It is held at the Meydan Racecourse in the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
What to Expect From PointsBet Horse Betting?
Here’s what we know about the PointsBet horse betting site. The product of the strategic partnership between PointsBet and BetMakers will soon be available in New Jersey in the form of fixed-odds betting opportunities.
This brand will initially accept bets on races taking place at Monmouth Park Racetrack in Oceanport, NJ. However, there are also plans to offer many other domestic and international races in the months to come.
A significant part of the agreement between these two companies is that PointsBet will be able to expand its services in other states in which online horse betting is regulated. This operator will be able to offer fixed-odds horse race betting to its casino partners that operate in other states. Of course, this service will become available only if said states allow online horse race betting.
PointsBet Horse Betting Markets
Like we have already mentioned, as soon as the PointsBet horse betting site launches the fixed-odds betting option, prospective bettors will have the opportunity to wager on races taking place at Monmouth Park. This racetrack boasts of hosting quite a few grade races for Thoroughbreds, and it even hosted the Breeders’ Cup World Championship in 2007.
The most important races on the horse race calendar taking place at Monmouth Park include the following:
- United Nations Stakes (Grade 1)
- Haskell Invitational Handicap (Grade 1)
- Monmouth Stakes (Grade 2)
- Oceanport Stakes (Grade 3)
- Monmouth Cups Stakes (Grade 3)
- Monmouth Oaks (Grade 3)
- Red Bank Stakes (Grade 3)
- Eatontown Handicap (Grade 3)
- Salvator Mile Stakes (Grade 3)
- Molly Pitcher Stakes (Grade 3)
- Philip H. Iselin Stakes (Grade 3)
- Matchmaker Stakes (Grade 3)
Also, there are close to twenty ungraded stakes taking place at Monmouth Park Racetrack, such as Mr. Prospector Stakes, Jersey Derby, Cliff Hanger Stakes, etc. So there will be lots of opportunities for placing bets on the PointsBet horse betting site when it goes live.
Of course, we expect to see other US horse racing staples in the future, such as the Triple Crown races, the Breeders’ Cup, the Travers Stakes, as well as other major races across the pond.
It’s a slight surprise that PointsBet Casino has beaten horses to launching first, albeit a welcome one.
PointsBet Horse Racing Betting Types
If your selection wins, you will receive winnings amounting to the combination of your stake amount and the odds you were given. In case your selection doesn’t win, the racebook gets your original stake.
The best thing about fixed odds betting is that you know how much you can win every time you place a bet. The only exception is the starting price or SP. This is the price that the racebook offers on a particular horse as it begins the race. This means that you do not know the odds a horse is assigned typically up to five minutes before the race.
We believe that PointsBet will offer the most common horse racing bet types available in the US, which are the following.
- Daily Double
Make your initial PointsBet deposit to have the money to make one of these bets.
About PointsBet’s Other Products
PointsBet is a betting platform that has quickly become one of the leading betting sites in the US. In addition to a plethora of promotions both for new customers and existing ones, this brand offers fantastic betting markets across a variety of sports. Here’s what they are.
- Aussie Rules
- Motor Racing
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
There is also the “Entertainment” section for all those looking for markets other than the usual sports. We believe that the PointsBet Racebook will be a fantastic addition to the NJ online betting scene. For this reason, we are eager to see what the PointsBet horse betting sites will bring to the table as soon as it goes live.