Michigan Sports Betting
With the lift of the Federal Sports Betting ban known as PASPA, numerous states began implementing legislation to regulate online sports betting and gambling. The Lawful Internet Gaming Act (HB 4926) includes Michigan sports betting but will not be fully implemented until 2019.
Continue reading to find out what exactly this law says and find the few places you can already bet on sports in Michigan.
100% first deposit bonus up to $100
Play responsibly, T&C apply
100% Welcome bonus on first deposit up to $75
Play responsibly, T&C apply
What is in MI sports betting bill?
Based on what’s drafted in The Lawful Internet Gaming Act, The Mitten State can expect significant growth in online gambling and sports betting in the years to come. More details need to be hammered out in the fall legislative session, but the framework is in place so that anyone physically present in Michigan will be able to place a sports wager.
Here are the highlights of the Lawful Internet Gaming Act:
- Online gaming will include the ability to play poker and wager on sports
- The three Detroit Casinos will be able to offer these services
- Tribal Casinos will be allowed to as well with a contract amendment
- It is not permissible to sports bet on college, high school, or other amateur competitions
- There will be an 8% tax on the gaming revenue to go to the state
Online sports betting in Michigan
If you are someone who can’t wait to start Sports Betting in Michigan, there are a couple of things you should pay attention to before registering with an online bookmaker.
- Always try to find a well-established brand that has been present in the market for a long time.
- Find a bookmaker with plenty of different payment methods available.
- Make sure that the online bookmaker or casino has an outstanding customer support record. The whole experience should be a smooth ride, you don’t want to end up waiting for someone for days to reply to your email.
- Go over the bookmaker’s website and see what sports are being offered. The more the merrier. You will have plenty of choices to make when deciding on what you want to bet on.
- The amount of sports you can bet is not the only thing you should pay attention to, take a closer look at the offered odds. The bookmaker that you choose should be the one that offers the best odds.
Knowing these little tips and tricks will help you pick the perfect online bookmaker for Michigan Sports Betting.
Fantasy Sports Betting
For a long time, Fantasy Sports has been a great way to add extra excitement to the sports leagues you follow. Obviously, football is the most popular one for fantasy players. But you can find fantasy sports players for the MLB, NBA, soccer, and almost any sport you can think of. You can play fantasy sports in MI at:
Placing wagers on horse races has also been allowed in Michigan for some time. The horse tracks have a special place in American culture with the immense popularity of the Triple Crown, the three biggest horse racing events of the year known as the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes. People in MI can bet on horses at:
Legal US Bookies interactive map
The United States sports betting market is an open door. Rules are changing constantly and new bookmakers are popping up as fasts as the states can regulate the industry. Everyone wants a piece of the pie, and rightfully so! If you’re going to be traveling, check the sports betting rules in your destination or find out where you’re allowed to bet on sports in your home state. Use our Legal US Bookies Interactive Map to find all of this information!
Check back with us for more updates on Michigan sports betting. Remember, you can expect to be able to bet on sporting events in MI in 2019.