Welcome to your Preakness Stakes Online Betting guide. The Preakness Stakes has been around since 1873 and is the second leg of the Triple Crown, a couple weeks after the Kentucky Derby. The race is traditionally held on the third Sunday in May every year.
The year 2022, the 147th Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 21, 2022. Traditionally, the race begins after 6pm ET. Each year, the Preakness Stakes is held at the Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland. The Preakness 2022 will be no different.
Top Preakness Stakes Betting Sites
If you are planning to place your bets on the Preakness 2022, you will need to know where. Luckily, there are a few different places that specialize in horse race betting. Here are two of the best places to place your horse racing bets:
- TVG: TVG is owned by FanDuel, so you know they already have sports betting on point. The site features betting picks from horse race betting experts. And, you can also redeem various promotions to help boost your bets.
- Twinspires: Twinspires has the benefit of being owned and run by Churchill Downs, one of the biggest names in horse racing. The site is the official betting partner of the Kentucky Derby. And, there is a really great welcome offer to attract new players and bonuses offered for existing customers as well.
How to bet on Preakness Stakes?
- Don’t go in unprepared, researching the field is important. Soak up all the information you can. Our Preakness odds are a great place to start but seek other expert advice too.
- Sign up a good horse racing online bookmaker. You want to balance a great sign up bonus with great odds. Sometimes you get one or the other but not both. Our bookmaker bonus comparison table can help you find a quality service to make horse racing bets on Preakness.
- Signup at your racing bookie. It’s necessary for them to collect some personal information and banking details if you want to bet for real money.
- Select the horse you think will win Preakness Stakes on your betting slip and push submit!
Remember, this is gambling and should always be treated as entertainment. You often hear in the news about big wins from betting on horse racing but those stories are the exception, not the norm. Only bet on horses with what you can afford to lose. It might be easy to get caught up betting on Preakness Stakes because it’s the second entry in the Triple Crown. Simply recall that gambling shouldn’t be a way to make money but rather increase the spectator experience.
The Preakness Stakes Horses 2021
Right now, it is not clear which horses will be running in the Preakness 2022. But, to get a good idea of what horses to expect, you can look at the ones from last year. Here is a list of the horses from the Preakness 2021:
|Preakness Stakes 2021 Horses Position||Preakness Horses Name|
|7.||France Go De Ina|
Number Two of the Triple Crown, The Preakness Stakes
The Preakness 2022 will be held on Saturday May 21, 2022. It will be the second race of the Triple Crown after the Kentucky Derby. The Preakness Stakes will be held at the Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland.
Preakness Stakes Odds, Favorites & Predictions
Right now, odds for the Preakness 2022 have not been released by the major sportsbooks and racebooks. This is because the horses who are participating have not been announced. But, after the Kentucky Derby takes place at the beginning of May 2022, that will be a good indicator as to the favorites for the Preakness.
Preakness Odds 2022
The odds for the Preakness 2022 are not yet available. But, we can look at the odds from the Preakness Stakes in 2021 to see how things turned out. Here are the odds from last year’s Preakness Stakes:
|Preakness 2021 Odds|
|Final Placement||Horse||TVG Odds|
|2||Keep Me In Mind||15/1|
|7||France Go De Ina||20/1|
The Preakness Stakes Results 2021
It is always important to look at the results for the previous year to see how things could shake out this year. Last year, the Preakness Stakes did not go as predicted. Here is a list of last year’s horses and their places:
|Preakness Stakes 2021 Horses|
|4||Keep Me in Mind|
|7||France Go De Ina|
Our Picks & Predictions for 2022
Because the horses have not been confirmed for the Preakness 2022, we cannot make our predictions for the winner. The predictions will be easier to make once the Kentucky Derby 2022 has taken place. However, until the horses are released we will not have a clear view of who would be the frontrunners.
Which bets to make on horses?
You’ve got a surprising amount of bets to choose from if you’re betting on horses, not just Preakness Stakes. If you really want to get into horse race betting, try our article that details all of the different types of horse races you can find. Plus, we go over a variety of bet-types and their approximate payouts. Generally, make a safer choice for a smaller payout. Or try something like a pick 6 (select the winner of 6 races in a row) for payouts that sometimes go into the millions.