Connecticut Online Sports Betting 2020Commercial Content | 21+ | T&Cs Apply
Since the US Supreme Court revoked PASPA in 2018, individual states have been able to choose for themselves what to do about sports betting. The Constitution State is still trying to figure out what the best course of action is. In the meantime, take a look at this article which goes through what we currently know about Connecticut sports betting.
- Current Status of Connecticut Online Sports Betting
- Where will the Connecticut Sportsbooks be Located?
- Connecticut Sports Betting Apps
- Top 3 CT Sports Betting Apps
- Will there be Connecticut Sportsbooks at Land-based Casinos?
- CT Online Sports Betting
- What Bets will be available in Connecticut?
- The Future of Online Connecticut Sports Betting
- More about Sports Betting in the US
Current Status of Connecticut Online Sports Betting
Sports betting of any kind – online or land-based – is not allowed. Although there have been a number of bills regarding CT sports betting, there has been no agreement as yet.
Once the state legislators decide on a bill that can be passed, then we should see the emergence of Connecticut sportsbooks. Connecticut online sports betting would benefit the many sports fans in the state and is probably going to be here sooner rather than later.
Where will the Connecticut Sportsbooks be Located?
Once CT sports betting is fully legalized, there is likely to be a lot of betting companies interested in launching in the state.
If Connecticut online sports betting becomes a reality, the following sportsbooks will want to be involved:
There will probably be many more online betting companies wanting to create a foothold in CT sports betting. But these are the ones that will be top of the list if the sports betting industries in nearby states are anything to go by.
Connecticut Sports Betting Apps
Once sports betting sites are legalized, why should you consider downloading CT online betting apps? Here are some of the perks that CT online betting apps enable you to benefit from:
- Convenience – CT sportsbooks apps will bring sports betting to your house. Instead, once you’ve downloaded the CT sportsbooks apps, you no longer have to make the long trips to the brick and mortar sportsbooks to bet
- Variety – As much as the CT online betting apps introduce the convenience aspect, they also bring a variety with them. Once you’ve downloaded the CT online betting apps, you have access to hundreds of thousands of markets and sporting events to bet on throughout the year
- Bet Free of Charge – Once you’ve downloaded the CT sportsbooks apps, some of the CT sportsbooks will offer you a range of bonuses through their promotions. These promotions include but not limited to welcome bonus offers and free bets all tailored towards the CT online betting apps
Top 3 CT Sports Betting Apps
With legalized sports betting right on the verge, there are several bookmakers trying to stake their claim in the market. Here’s a list of the top three potential operators and why we recommend their applications.
· Easy to install the application
· Application uses minimal resources when in use
· Plenty of sports betting markets, with a focus on soccer
· Readily available on both the iOS and Android platforms
· Easy to download, install and use. One of the best applications as far as navigation is concerned
· Plenty of surprise sports betting promotions
William Hill Sportsbook
· State of the art live streaming feature
· Round the clock customer support services
· Juicy welcome bonus offer to all new players and frequent promotions for returning players
Will there be Connecticut Sportsbooks at Land-based Casinos?
Connecticut is home to two of the largest land-based casinos in the world and it would be strange if they do not want to be a part of online sports betting in CT.
The two casinos are:
The Mashantucket and Pequot tribes run these two casinos and they have been approached by the state Public Safety Committee about giving them the rights to offer sports betting at the casinos.
If all the groups can come to an agreement then both organizations would be the first to have Connecticut sportsbooks.
Make sure to keep up with the status online casinos in Connecticut as well!
CT Online Sports Betting
Once the go-ahead is given for the building of sportsbooks at the two casinos, Connecticut online sports betting would be the natural next step.
There has been talk of the bill including a requirement for in-person registration for online accounts – but even that is in line with how a number of other states already run their sports betting systems.
What to Bet on at an Online Sportsbook
It seems only a matter of time before we see online sports betting in CT, so it is probably a good idea to get yourself ready.
If you are unfamiliar with sports betting – either land-based or online – then this is a very exciting time. Judging by how other states have legalized online betting, there may be some kind of restriction on betting on local NCAA sports teams. But all the major sports leagues will be covered.
You should be able to bet on the following sports:
Once the online sportsbooks get up and running they will be competing to offer the widest range of betting markets. This can be only good news for sports bettors in Connecticut.
What Bets will be available in Connecticut?
It is difficult to say exactly what will be offered in Connecticut before a final online sports betting bill is passed by the state legislators. But once sports betting becomes fully legal we can assume that there will be the same kinds of options that other states currently enjoy.
That means that sports fans will be able to choose which leagues they want to bet on – and select the following betting types.
This is probably the most straightforward bet to make. It is particularly popular in Europe – and is a straight choice of who will win a game or event.
This is a big bet in sports such as football and basketball where a large number of points total is part of the game. Bettors will attempt to predict whether the total points scored in a game will be over or under a specific amount offered by the bookmaker.
More popular in the US, the spread evens up the chances in a game between a favorite and an underdog. Points are either added or subtracted, to a team’s total and that becomes the final score. The idea is to make it just as attractive to bet on either team rather than just go for the favorite.
The Future of Online Connecticut Sports Betting
Connecticut online gambling overall is about to experience a revolution. The bills may not have been passed quite yet, but it won’t be long before Connecticut sports betting becomes reality.
It is a good idea to make sure you know how to bet and where to go to bet – on land and online – before it goes live. That way you can get a head start on the competition – and maybe beat the bookmakers at their own game.