Cheltenham Betting 2020Commercial Content | 18+/21+ | T&Cs Apply
The Cheltenham Festival is an annual festival at the Cheltenham Racecourse in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire that takes place in March, usually around or over St. Patrick’s Day. Hundreds of millions are placed on bets during Cheltenham Festival Week. While it is a UK event, many Americans want to be a part of the Cheltenham betting scene.
The winner of the Cheltenham Gold Cup 2019 was by Al Boum Photo, jockeyed by Paul Townend and trained by Willie Mullins.
- Cheltenham Betting 2020
- Cheltenham Festival, Background
- Cheltenham Betting 2019 At a Glance
- Day 1: Tuesday, March 12th, 2019
- Day 2: Wednesday, March 13th, 2019
- Day 3: Thursday, March 14th, 2019
- Day 4: Friday, March 15th, 2019
- Cheltenham Festival 2019, Full Schedule
- Cheltenham Betting: Placing Bets
- Learn more about horse betting
Cheltenham Betting 2020
The next Cheltenham Festival will take place March 10-13, 2020. Here is what you can expect from next year’s edition:
- Day One: Champion Day
- Day Two: Ladies Day
- Day Three: St Patrick’s Thursday
- Day Four: Gold Cup Day
Bookmakers won’t announce the odds until much closer to the race, so check back then to read about the Cheltenham entries, picks and predictions. In the meantime, read our guide on how to be on horse races.
Cheltenham Festival, Background
The Cheltenham Festival is held in the United Kingdom. In its infancy, it was a two-day event. It has grown to a four-day event after many race additions. The prize money awarded is second only to the Grand National.
It is relatively rare during the rest of the season to see the best British and Irish trained horses race together, which is one of the best aspects of the Cheltenham Festival. And, it typically takes place on or near St. Patrick’s Day, making it especially popular among the Irish audience and participants.
A fun fact, Cheltenham is known for its fun and exuberant atmosphere, which culminates in the “Cheltenham Roar.” “The Cheltenham Roar” refers to the raucous amount of noise that the crowd makes as the starter raises the tape for the beginning of the first race for the festival.
However, the festival is not without its problems. Six horses died in 2018, leading to a British Horseracing Authority review into the safety of the horses. 17 recommendations on equine safety were made for how to make the festival better for this year.
It is a good idea to look at the past winners to help you with your Cheltenham betting. The trainer who trains the most winners in the races over 4 days, also known as the leading trainer, for the past two years has been Gordon Elliot. It is also important to keep in mind though that from 2013 – 2016 it was Willie Mullins, who also took home that honor in 2011.
As in is most years, the event will most likely wind up being one of the biggest betting events of the year. Including all races Grade I to Grade III, there will be 28.
Cheltenham Betting 2019 At a Glance
The following schedule for the Cheltenham Festival is listed on BetAmerica:
- Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 | 10:30 AM ET
- Wednesday, March 13th, 2019 -| 10:30 AM ET
- Thursday, March 14th, 2019 | 10:30 AM ET
- Friday, March 15th, 2019 | 10:30 AM ET
A star next to “UK – Cheltenham” lets you know that it is a bonus track.
A basic schedule to help you make your Cheltenham picks for all 4 days is offered below:
Day 1: Tuesday, March 12th, 2019
- Novices’ Hurdle
- Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy
- Racing Post Ankle Challenge Trophy
- Mares’ Hurdle
Day 2: Wednesday, March 13th, 2019
- 2019 Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Novices’ Hurdle
- RSA Steeple Chase
- Weatherbys Champion Bumper
Day 3: Thursday, March 14th, 2019
(Also Saint Patrick’s Thursday, a great day to make some Cheltenham picks)
- JLT Novices’ Steeple Chase,
- The Ryanair Chase,
- The St. Patrick Derby
Day 4: Friday, March 15th, 2019
Gold Cup Day
- Cheltenham Gold Cup
- The Triumph Hurdle
- The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
Now, I searched the website endlessly for any Cheltenham betting offers. Eventually, I started a live chat with one of BetAmerica’s online chat agents and asked her for any specific Cheltenham betting information.
I was looking for Cheltenham betting offers, Cheltenham Free Bets, or any Cheltenham picks. At the time of this writing, I was told that information was not yet available. However, customer support said it will be when we get closer to the festival.
Cheltenham Festival 2019, Full Schedule
Date: Tuesday, March 12th, 2019
- 10:30 AM ET | Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- 11:10 AM ET | Racing Post Ankle Challenge Trophy Steeple Chase
- 11:50 AM ET | Ultima Handicap Chase
- 12:30 PM ET | Unibet Handicap Chase
- 1:10 PM ET | Mares’ Hurdle for the David Nicholson Trophy
- 1:50 PM ET | National Hunt Chase
- 2:30 PM ET | Novices’ Handicap Chase
Make sure to check in the next few hours for any Cheltenham betting offers, Cheltenham free bets, or any Cheltenham picks for the Cheltenham Festival to appear on the BetAmerica website, it should be any minute now!
Date: Wednesday, March 13th, 2019
- 10:30 AM ET | Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle
- 11:10 AM ET | The RSA Steeple Chase
- 11:50 AM ET | The Coral Cup
- 12:30 PM ET | Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase
- 1:10 PM ET | Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase
- 1:50 PM ET | Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle
- 2:30 PM ET | Weatherbys Champion Bumper
Date: Thursday, March 14th, 2019
St. Patrick’s Thursday
- 10:30 AM ET | JLT Novices’ Steeple Chase
- 11:10 AM ET | Pertemps Final
- 11:50 AM ET | Ryanair Chase
- 12:30 PM ET | Stayers’ World Hurdle
- 1:10 PM ET | Brown Advisory and Merriebelle Stable Plate Handicap Steeple Chase
- 1:50 PM ET | Trull House Stud Mares’ Novices Hurdle
- 2:30 PM ET | Full Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Steeple Chase
Date: Friday, March 15th, 2019
Gold Cup Day
Final Day! Keep an eye out for any Cheltenham Free Bets!
- 10:30 AM ET | JCB Triumph Hurdle
- 11:10 AM | Randox Health County Handicap Hurdle
- 11:50 AM ET | Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
- 12:30 PM ET | Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase
- 1:10 PM ET | Foxhunter Steeple Chase
- 1:50 PM ET | Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle
- 2:30 PM ET | Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase
14 Grade 1 races take place during the 4 days of the Cheltenham Festival. Also, each day has its own championship race.
Cheltenham Betting: Placing Bets
When you decide to place your bets, sign up and make sure to look out for the promotions mentioned previously. The odds and any special promotions for the Cheltenham Festival should be posted closer to the event.
Likewise, don’t worry if you miss a day of the Cheltenham Festival. You’ll have three other days to place your bets and take your chances! Before placing your bets, check each day for the odds, schedule, and any Cheltenham betting offers. As mentioned, these include Cheltenham Free Bets or Cheltenham picks for the Festival.
Every day consists of its own special events, so you don’t want to miss any special promotions!
Once you have placed your bets, get into the spirit by grabbing a Guinness and shouting your heart out during the Cheltenham Roar as you root for your horse of choice!